Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another dumb gift...

... And one that I’ve decided is not so dumb. But first, the dumb one:
Yeah, that’s exactly what it looks like: just a pair of golf balls. They say “over the hill” on them, but still. I think that’s even worse than the crying towel. And they’re ten dollars! I don’t know how much golf balls usually cost, but it’s probably not that much. How ridiculous. I wasn’t going to post anything at all this week because at first that’s all I found, but then I found something else that I thought might actually make a fun gift. Also, it’s been a while since I last posted, and I wanted to try and keep the blog as active as I can even though I don’t get much time to look for gifts very often. Well, here’s the other gift that I was looking at this week:
 
They call it the “Old Fart Pen.” I know it’s just a pen, but there’s something about the design that I really like. It’s sort of wacky looking, don’t you think? I think George would get a real kick out of this pen. I can’t really explain why, it just seems like the sort of gift that would appeal to him. But it’s kind of small - so maybe I’ll wrap it up and say it’s from one of the boys, because lord knows they’re not going to go out and get him anything. That’s teenagers for you, I guess. Or maybe I’ll include it with a bigger gift... I just don’t know! I guess I’ll keep searching and hope an idea for how to work this in occurs to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment